The Moon, Europa

The Moon, Europa

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Just a few science updates

Last week, I wrote to you about the Europa Mission and how, due to budget cuts, it may not happen this year if at all.  Well, at the time, the ESA was going to foot half the bill for the mission to make it BIGGER and BETTER.  Now that NASA has made their short-sighted budgetary announcement/decision, ESA may not even be orbiting Ganymede which would have brought us closer, if not to, a possible alternative living sight.  This is sad, sad news.  I weep for our future in space exploration.  However, if Mars is still on the table after this budgetary cycle, at least we'll have that to look forward to.  But I'm not holding my breath.

To take your mind off all this depressing news, please go look at this awesome picture.  (Pictures that we will not be seeing up close anytime soon, but I digress.)

And also, if you would like to live in a fantasy world and pretend NASA still has foresight, check out this review of an iPhone App about the Europa Mission.  And if you haven't checked out the game, download! I will let you know what I think but I already see a few similarities to my book.

No comments: