The Moon, Europa

The Moon, Europa

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Dust Devil on Mars

This link to Space.com is to a great photo (taken by the the great a marvelous Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter) of a 'dust devil' on Mars. I saw one of similar size in west Texas about ten years ago and it was very impressive.
I spent a lot of time looking at maps of the surface of Mars last year trying to find suitable locations for a few scenes in my second book. I become so fascinated with the red planet I considered shelving book two, saving the idea for book three, and trying to write a story that features one of my new favorite locations. However, I will probably refrain from writing anything but short stories - that fit into the Black Chronicles universe - since there have been so many science fiction stories set there already.

No comments: