The Moon, Europa

The Moon, Europa

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Movie Review: Journey to Promethea

I started watching this movie on Netflix the other day and found it very interesting. Not in a good way. I think I remember seeing a movie that was worse than this one time, but I purged the memory from my brain with a regimen meditation, beer and pounding my head on a door jam. The introduction of the film was predictably B-grade (at best), but seemed to degrade to what can only be described to D-level. In one of the opening scenes there is a character who cannot be older than 20 wearing a fake beard attempting for portray two other characters, of the same ages, father. When I realized my mouth was open and I was staring with shock at the horror of it all I began to laugh uncontrollably. I fast forwarded to several other places of the film to see if there was any hope of it improving, but, alas, there was not. The only reason I can think of that Billy Zane decided to appear in this film is that he was doing some pro bono work for some college students or something...At least that would be my story. 
I would not recommend this movie to anyone unless they want a good laugh (if the creators intended it to be funny you may add three or four points to the review number).  Although not the worst ever, this was certainly one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I give it a solid 2 out of 10. 


Remembering the fake bearded guy again...very funny.

No comments: